Timeline for DCSD Superintendent Search
In a letter to the Davenport Community School District Board President dated April 10, 2018, Dr. Art Tate, Superintendent of the Davenport Community School District, announced his intention to retire from his position effective June 30, 2019. The Board agreed on the need to launch a national search for a qualified candidate to become the next superintendent of the Davenport Community School District effective July 1, 2019.
The Board has retained the services of Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates (HYA), a consulting firm that specializes in assisting boards with the consideration of candidates for superintendent to conduct the search for a new superintendent.
Several steps in the search process have been completed. Following is a timeline for the search process:
- An Online Survey was open to the public from October 12 through November 4 to help the HYA learn more about the characteristics that the district and the community is seeking in a new superintendent. Focus groups were also held on November 1-2 at various locations to allow parents, students, staff, and members of the community to talk directly with the search consultants.
- November 2018: HYA uses the information from the surveys and focus groups to put together a Leadership Profile Report which will include perceived strengths, issues, and challenges of the District, and characteristics desired in the next Superintendent.
- November 26, 2018: HYA will present the Leadership profile to the DCSD Board.
- January 2019: HYA will conduct a national Superintendent recruitment.
- February 2019: Semi-finalist candidates for the Superintendent position will be interviewed by the Board. Finalists for the position will be identified and invited back for a second round interview and additional meetings.
- Tentatively Spring 2018: Board decision and announcement of the new superintendent.
- July 1, 2019: New DCSD Superintendent begins work.
Thank you to everyone who has participated in this process to date! Please continue to watch this page for updates as soon as they are available.