CENTRAL BLUE DEVILS
October. 23 – 30
Weekly Athletic Events
- Friday, October 23rd, 2020 Sub State Football at Pleasant Valley at 7pm Tickets are $6 and no passes as this is a playoff game.
- Saturday, October 24th, 2020 G Swimming at Muscatine 9am
As was communicated earlier today, Zero Term is being extended through Thursday, October 29th.
For high school students, the following schedule will be followed:
- Monday-Tuesday–Group A students in attendance, following zero term schedule
- Wednesday-Thursday–Group B students in attendance, following zero term schedule
- Friday, October 30–Professional Development for teachers; non-attendance day for students
**It is important to note that any changes from hybrid to 100% online or from 100% online to hybrid for 1st term will take effect on Monday, November 2nd.
Please continue checking your email, as we will pass along further information as it becomes available.
If your child will be coming to school for the first time this year for A term so we would like to do an orientation for your them so they know and understand the new expectations while they are here at school. We will be doing that orientation at 8:45am in Kahler Auditorium on Monday Nov 2 for Group A students and Wednesday Nov 4 at 8:45am for Group B students. If you would remind them that when they come for their first day, they can report directly to Kahler Auditorium on the 4th floor we would appreciate it. Please make sure they wear a mask when they report to school. We are looking forward to seeing them. Thanks for your help with this!!
Any boy interested in joining the boys swim team this winter, there is a google form to fill out with contact information as well as a practice calendar in your grade level google classroom. If you have any questions feel free to contact Mr. Heller…The one with hair at email@example.com or in room 511
*Parents are reminded that attendance is being taken every day. Guidelines for families can be found here:
Attention all Blue Devil seniors (and senior parents)! Do you want to show everyone how cute you were as a baby? You can purchase a Senior Salute (also known as a “Baby Ad”) for the 2020-2021 Blackhawk Yearbook! This is your chance to purchase a spot where your parents can wish you congratulations and submit your cutest baby photo or a more recent photo! Forms will be mailed to all senior homes this week. You can also find the form on the school website or grab a paper copy from the Main Office counter. Our smallest ad is $75 and our largest is $250. Submissions will be due by Friday, November 6th, 2020. Late submissions will be accepted until Friday, November 20th with a $15 late fee. Contact Ms. Ebener with questions.
Students/families are reminded to return any books that they still have from last year. This is especially important if you are choosing to use the 100% online model of instruction, as your textbooks are not needed for Edgenuity. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
All students need to check their school email on a daily basis. Regardless if they are on hybrid or virtual, communication is occurring through email and students need to be checking it! Important information is being communicated but not received! Please remind your students to be doing this daily! Information is also being shared in the google classrooms (Class of 2021, Class of 2022…) Students will miss deadlines if they are not taking responsibility and looking at announcements that are posted.
Juniors and Seniors:
This year, college admissions representatives will be scheduling virtual visits at Central, instead of coming into the building. This process should accommodate all students, whether at home or in the building.
- Visits will be posted on announcements, eblast, and google classroom the week before they occur
- Students need to register for the visit with Ms. Battin in the Activities Office. She is available before or after school, during passing times, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prior to the visit, Ms. Battin will send the registered students a pass (if in school) and the link to the meeting
- Students who are in the building will attend the virtual meetings in the IMC/library
- Counselors are scheduling virtual senior meetings! Parents—please remind your seniors to check their school email and log in to their meetings when they are scheduled!
- The FAFSA is available to complete! The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) should be completed by seniors planning to continue their education at a post-secondary institution. By completing the FAFSA, you know what types of federal loans and grants you are eligible for. Many scholarship applications also require the FAFSA to be completed. There is a student portion and a parent portion. Please visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa for more information and to begin the application.
Starting Monday Oct 26th, 100% online and Hybrid students will have the opportunity to sign up for extra help with their online learning. Students will be able to sign up for one session per week. We will staff a classroom in the Grensing FH lobby area.
- Class size will be limited to 8 per session
- Students will be dropped off and picked up at the Grensing FH entrance (see attached map)
- Students will mask up on arrival and remain masked up while in the tutoring session
- Students must bring their own chromebook charged up and ready to use
Schedule for Tutoring Sessions
Students will sign up for tutoring sessions using the directions found at this link: http://bit.ly/chstutoring
**Students may only sign up for one day/time a week**
Sessions will run Monday through Friday on the following time schedule:
- Session 1–9:00AM-10:00AM
- Session 2–10:30AM-11:30AM
- Session 3–1:30PM-2:30PM
Genesis Flu Free Quad Cities is able to extend the Flu Free Quad Cities program for us this year and offer free flu shots for all DCSD students and their families! The flu shot clinic will be a drive thru clinic at Brady Street Stadium parking lot on October 28 from 3:00-6:00 PM