GEAR UP Iowa
Gaining Earlier Awareness & Readiness for Undergraduate Programs
College. Let’s get ready!
Click here for a list of different conferences, programs, and workshops that explore college and career readiness.
It is hard to believe that college is just a few short years away. As part of GEAR UP Iowa, your student will benefit from
- high academic expectations
- learning strategies
- college-going practices
- innovative programs to increase college readiness and persistence
Our school district is one of twelve partner districts selected to participate in this program. As a GEAR UP Iowa student, your child will have access to these services through his or her first year of college.
Committed to Your Child’s Success
To support the needs of our students, we offer
- The 21st Century Scholarship exclusively for Gear-Up Cohort students, $1200 per year to attend any Title IV school accepting federal student aid.
- Academic tutoring and mentoring (Click here for more after school tutoring information)
- ACT Prep Schedule and FAFSA Support
- Catch-Up Academy (Click here for academy information and dates)
- College visits and tours
- After-school, weekend and summer enrichment programs
- Job shadowing, career fairs and internships
- Scholarships and financial literacy education
- College and career counseling
- ACT/SAT preparation and assistance
- College application and enrollment guidance
- Community-sponsored college readiness programs
For more information please contact:
Matt R. Johnson email@example.com
Student Support Liaison for Gear Up Iowa
Davenport Central High Schools