Hall of Honor Scholarship
Please click on the scholarship application and evaluation form links below to print copies. To be considered for a scholarship a completed applicationand one faculty evaluation form should be turned into Ms. Patty Currier, secretary to the principal, in the main office of Central High School. If you should have any questions, please see Ms.Currier or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to fill out the application in order to submit your name for the Hall of Honor scholarships. This form needs to be completed in one sitting. You will need the email address of your recommender, your counselor, and your completed essay in order to submit this application. Application deadline is March 29, 2019.
The name and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form.
Hall of Honor Scholarship
The Hall of Honor Scholarships were established in 1992 with a $5,000 gift from the Bechtel Charitable Trust and has been continued through generous donations from reunion committees, individuals, community organizations, businesses and industries and as memorials to past DHS/CHS graduates. An endowment fund through the Davenport Schools Foundation was established in 1997 to accept donations.
Each spring, the Hall of Honor Committee selects CentralHigh School students for scholarship awards. Recipients are seniors whose personal and scholastic profiles are consistent with the criteria for selection to the Hall of Honor.
Welcome to the information page for the DHS/CHS Hall of Honor Scholarship. These scholarships were established as a tribute to the Davenport High School/Central High School Hall of Honor and will be awarded to students whose scholastic profile and involvement in school and community demonstrate the qualities that could lead to the personal success and service that exemplify the Hall of Honor. Six scholarships will be awarded yearly under the umbrella of the Hall of Honor. All are of equal value and all have the same general criteria.
- The Hester Scholarship- This scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who is a minority student.
- The Meyer Scholarship-This scholarship will be awarded to the applicant who demonstrates significant financial need.
- The Jurgens Scholarship-This scholarship focuses on candidates’ active voluntarism.
- The Kneipp Family Scholarship-This scholarship was established in 2014 by Stanley (’60) and DiAnne Kneipp of Houston and his sister, Sharyn Kneipp (’62) of St. Louis. The winner of this award should have an intent to major in nursing or a related health care field and have a history of extracurricular activities in his/her church.
- The Groenenboom Scholarship– Established in 2018 by the Jim Groenenboom family, this scholarship is awarded to an applicant planning to major in accounting or teaching in a high school business department.
- Fisher At-Large Scholarship– This scholarship will be awarded on an at-large basis.
Any senior at Davenport Central High School who has at least a 3.0 grade point average or is in the scholastic upper half of his/her graduating class is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Description of Scholarship
Scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors for his/her tuition and/or other related college costs. Payment of the award will be made to the recipient after verification of enrollment/registration has been given to the high school Principal. Recipients shall agree to send verification of academic achievement to the Central High School Principal following their first term of college work.
Criteria For Award
The Hall of Honor Scholarship Committee’s decisions in the final selection of scholarship winners will be based on the applicant’s scholastic achievements and extra-curricular activities, community involvement and career plans. Ethnicity and need will also be considered. The Committee shall have the whole discretion with respect to the awards and all of its decisions regarding the awards shall be final.