- Rebecca Buening (Department Chair) ext. 305 email@example.com
- Julie Bolick ext. 411 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cyndi Cox ext. 343 email@example.com
- Sarah Ebener ext. 420 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brad Hartje ext. 306 email@example.com
- Ryan Hill ext. 337 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thea IntVeld ext. 418 email@example.com
- Annie McMahon ext. 417 firstname.lastname@example.org
- T.J. Pearson ext. 333 email@example.com
- Victoria Schrage. ext 421, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Thovson ext. 303 email@example.com
Through the AEA Online, students have free access at school and at home to dynamic online resources. Before utilizing these valuable research databases, please make sure to ask your Language Arts teacher or Ms. Ward, the teacher librarian, for the user ID and password for Central students.
Guide to Grammar and Writing
Have writer’s block? Unsure of how to format a five paragraph essay? Do I use who or whom? If you struggle with any of these common writing issues, visit this website for support. If you are confident of your skills, then put them to the test at Guide to Grammar and Writing!
MLA and APA Formatting
We have all done it. We sit in class and take our research paper notes, but then, when we are on our own, panic hits! How do I cite a source with two authors? What if there is no author? Well, the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) has the answers to all of your questions.
Finding the perfect rhyming word can be difficult when writing poetry. However, this site will allow the user to type in a word and find a list of words that rhyme with it making sonnet writing at least a little bit easier.
From the Academy of American Poets, this website archives some of the most talented poets in American literature. Search by poet or poem, check out the poetry resources for teens, or be moved by the Poem-a-Day poet. This site has it all!
“Poetry is language in orbit.” This site contains an extensive archive of poets from across regions and across time. Listen to historical recordings, search poems based on a particular theme, or simply take a guided tour of the site and see the various tools in action.