- Davenport Board of Education purchased the old Griswold College site for $53,000. This purchase included Kemper Hall and the home of Professor Sheldon, the two buildings on the eastern side of the campus.
- Local Architechural firm, Clausen & Burrows, was selected to create the buildings’ look and design.
- Building contract awarded to H.B. Walter Construction Company of Danville, Illinois.
- June 19, 1905: The cornerstone was laid with a large ceremony and parade, celebrating the placing of the cornerstone.
- Building was completed at a cost of $347,000. Built to accommodate 1600 students. People were amazed at the building’s immense size.
- Classes moved into the building. DHS officially opens at the new site. 750 students, 29 teachers, Superintendent J.B. Young retires, Frank L. Smart becomes new superintendent, and George E. Marshall becomes the new principal.
- Kemper Hall becomes the Home Economics building. Industrial Arts Building erected.
- Stella Matthews and Lovena Moore write the words to the school song, Hail to the Red and Blue. The two students each won $3 for creating the song. Esther Caudell, director of choruses at DHS, is credited with writing the music.
- Davenport School Board purchased ground for athletic and practice fields at Brady and Baker Lane from James D. Baker. Purchase included 10 acres for a price of $18,000.
- New gym and administrative building were added. Gymnasium was dedicated to George Edward Marshall, the current principal. Gymnasium is considered one of the finest in the Midwest. Old gym in the main building was converted into a modern cafeteria.
- George Marshall dies in office in December of 1932.
- First football homecoming game held. A.J. Naumann takes over as principal.
- Homecoming dance first hits DHS. Paul Moon, with help of Bill Rivikin and Lenvil Simmons, lead an effort to adopt the Blue Devils as the DHS mascot.
- First Spinster Spree is held. First Variety Show was performed. 460 Graduates in 1940. Band and Girl’s Sextet appeared on NBC’s Music and American Youth in April of 1940.
- Roger B. Berry becomes principal
- Life Magazine profiles Davenport High School.
- A building (now the annex) was built for the ROTC program.
- DHS becomes Central High School because West High School was built. First Girl’s Synchronized Swimming Team.
- Semester Swirl (Winter Ball) dance held.
- Eskel C. Norbeck becomes principal
- Lawerence Gehrig becomes principal
- Orville Kahler becomes principal.
- Auditorium renovated. Don Fisher becomes principal. 2100 students.
- President Carter comes to Central on August 22, 1980.
- Bathrooms and drinking fountains restored. Auditorium remodeled for $135,000.
- Berry Addition built to connect main building with the gym. Included: cafeteria with skylights, instrumental music room, 3 home economics classrooms, 2 driver’s ed classrooms, metal shops, and a new kitchen. Tunnel was closed.
- North High School was established in a building that was formerly Wood Junior High.
- Hall of Honor established honoring distinguished alumni. Construction on stairwells finished to enclose.
- Davenport High Schools changed to include ninth graders in the fall of 1994. Paul Massman was principal.
- Industrial Arts building torn down to accommodate for more parking. Don Fisher stepped in as principal from March 96 to end of school year.
- Central High School adopts block schedule. Steven Bjornstad becomes principal.
- Henry Caudle becomes principal.
- On May 3, 2000, President Bill Clinton speaks at CHS.
- Clancy Simmons becomes principal
- $6.6 million expansion renovation paid for by voter-approved 1% sales tax. Wooden lockers replaced, classrooms expanded, elevator installed, more classrooms added, science labs remodeled.
- Jeff Craig becomes principal.
- $13.8 million total renovation stone tuck pointing and replacement, remodeling of band/vocal rooms, new seating in gym, new windows and exterior doors.
- Tim Wernentin becomes principal.
- Robert Scott becomes principal.
- Scott McKissick becomes principal.
- Plans approved for new addition of pool (March)
- Plans approved for new addition of Performing Arts Center (March)
- Breaking ground (May)
- Opening of Pool (January)
- Opening of PAC (May)
- John Flynn becomes principal