Communication & Media Arts Audition Information
Each candidate will present and discuss their portfolio, create and present a 2 minute story based on 5 images randomly selected from a set of 30, and participate in an interview.
Students studying communications and media arts at the CAA will explore a wide variety of creative areas including: film, video, photography, software, video games, television, radio, writing, animation, digital publishing, and graphic design. We are looking for students who will:
- Be a storyteller – have vision, creativity, and imagination
- Be able to engage and understand technology use and its practical applications
- Listen to and accept constructive criticism
What to bring to your audition
- Bring your e-portfolio, containing a sample of something we can see (poem, photography), something we can hear (speech, radio spot) and something we can see and hear (video, PowerPoint).
- Be prepared to create a 2-minute story based on 5 random images selected from 30.
What to include in your portfolio
- Include something we can see (photo, design, poem, very short story)
- Include something we can hear (speech, spoken word, sound recording)
- Include something we can see and hear (video, PowerPoint)
- Be prepared to talk about the following regarding your portfolio:
- Which piece is your best? Why?
- In which media/form is your work strongest? Why?
- Which is your favorite? Why?
- Is there a media or form you would like to try but haven’t yet?
- Why did you create each piece? Were any of them assignments?
- What kind of subjects do you like to explore on your own?