News, Events, and Announcements
Asking for Help
- Look at the person.
- Ask the person if they have time to help you.
- Clearly explain the kind of help that you need.
- Thank the person for helping.
Title 1 provides federal funds to schools with high percentages of low-income students. These funds pay for extra educational services to help students achieve. At Buchanan, these funds provide:
- An interventionist to support students in reading and/or math instruction.
- A Student Service Coach to support students in social skills instruction.
- Additional instructional strategies and materials for classroom teachers to supplement core instruction.
- Title I Family Involvement Nights
We have some exciting news to share with you! We have spirit wear with our new Buchanan logo available to purchase.
Please click the link below to visit the online store. You will be able to place an online order through March 15th.
Let’s show our Bulldog Family pride!
Buchanan Elementary was chosen by the HyVee store leadership to receive a $1 donation for every Reusable Bag purchased at HyVee 2200 West Kimberly Road for the month of February.
Spread the word to family and friends. The more people who purchase the $2.50 Reusable Bag the more money Buchanan will receive.
Second graders wrapped up a science unity of Earth changes and erosion by saving a model city from being washed away in a landslide. The students did an excellent job using problem solving skills and teamwork.
Buchanan students celebrated Tết, the Vietnamese New Year, with a Dragon Parade.