1. Look at the person.
2. Use a pleasant voice.
3. Say ‘Hi’ or ‘Hello’.
News, Events, and Announcements
The Buchanan Booster Club is a FREE club consisting of parents/families and teachers working together to support and enrich all students. We support school staff, help promote student self-esteem, and assist in efforts to solve school needs through volunteering and fund raising. To find out more about the programs we have/support at Buchanan, please join us at our monthly meetings!
Please start using Buchanan’s new phone number 563-723-6250.
August 23 1st Day of School 1st-5th 7:30-2:25
August 24 1st Day of School Kindergarten
August 24 1:25 Dismissal
The Davenport Community Schools offers early registration for incoming Kindergartners starting February 19th through our online registration or by submitting the following forms to Buchanan’s school office:
These forms are just a first step in the registration process with final enrollment based on availability. Proof of address is required to consider your child for enrollment.
For new Kindergartners, parents are required to bring in their completed forms OR their online registration Summary PDF AND the following additional items:
- Proof of birth such as birth certificate, baptismal record, hospital certificate, visa or passport, immunization record, or adoption paperwork. Note: students must be 5 years of age by September 15th to qualify for Kindergarten.
- Proof of Address such as utility bill, lease or rent agreement.
- Proof of Immunization from doctor or Iowa Exemption Certificate
- Confirmation of Blood Lead Testing, Vision Screening, and Dental Screening or Exemption Form.
The traditional Kindergarten Roundup will still be held on Thursday, March 3, 2016 from 12:30-1:15 where you will have an opportunity to meet all 3 kindergarten teachers.
Current 1st-12th grade students may begin online registration April 27 through their Parent Portal account.
Buchanan will host a Stepping Stones After School Program for the 2016-17 school year. Registration for the program will open on July 11th, 2016. The program will run every day after school until 5:30 pm and include homework help, enrichment activities and monthly field trips. Program fees will depend on your student’s fee status. Families that receive a fee waiver are only responsible for the $25 registration fee. Families that do not qualify for a fee waiver are charged $40 per month in addition to the $25 registration fee. If you have questions please contact Stepping Stones directly at 563-528-0973 or email@example.com. The Stepping Stones Office is located at 318 E 7th Street Davenport, Iowa 52803.
Check out our Classroom Happenings tab (updated at the beginning of each month) for the latest news going on in your grade level!
Office Hours 7:00-3:30
School Day 7:30-2:25 (Wednesday 1:25 Dismissal)
To ensure the safety of all students, thank you for following our procedures for car lane pick up at dismissal. Students will not be able to enter vehicles in the driveway at the front of the building. They should be exiting out the north doors and waiting for an adult to load them into their vehicle. If you wish to exit your vehicle, please pull around into a parking place.
From Student Handbook:
- Pull around to the north side of the building to begin forming 1 line of cars.
- Please remain in your car and place student card on right side of dash.
- Adults will load the first 4 cars. As those cars exit, the line will continue to move forward.
- To be as efficient and safe as possible, students will be loaded on the passenger side.
If you need a student name card for your vehicle, please contact Mrs. Johnson in the office. Name cards allow for a more efficient dismissal. Thank you for your support.