Administrative Regulation 307.02A
BUS. & NON-INSTR. OPER.
Naming of Facilities
The naming of a school is dictated by Board policy:
- Elementary Schools are named after Presidents of the United States
- Intermediate Schools are named after former superintendents
- High Schools are named based upon geographical location
When considering the naming of a facility or some part there of, in recognition of a person who has made a significant contribution to student learning and the mission of the District the honoree must:
- Have demonstrated a long term commitment of at least 15 years to the district involving one or more schools.
- Have enhanced student learning
- Not be a current district employee. If once an employee, the honoree must be separated from the district for a minimum of five years unless deceased. In addition, must have left the district in good standing.
- The Naming of Facilities Form must be completed and sent to an Associate Superintendent.
- A review committee organized by the Superintendent or his/her designee will convene to determine if all of the requirements outlined in the administrative regulations have been met.
- The committee will make a recommendation to the Superintendent who will then send it to the school board for their vote.
- Adopted 5/10
- Revised 6/2017