Administrative Regulation 302.07A
BUS. & NON-INSTR. OPER.
Leases and Rental of Property
Leases and rental of unused district properties can be for one or multiple years. The leasing of farm ground must follow particular guidelines as follows:
- At the end of a lease period, the district must notify the present lease holder of its intention to terminate the lease. Such notification must be made prior to September 1.
- A Notice Inviting Bidsmust be published in a local newspaper two times with the last advertisement a minimum of ten days prior to the deadline for receipt of bids.
- Specifications describing the property available and any conditions must be written and made available to all interested parties.
- Bids shall be received based on “price per acre” and “total amount.” “ Cash Rent” is the only acceptable form of bid. The bid should also include the proposed crop.
- Reviewed 11/97, 7/99, Reviewed 5/11; Reviewed 8/2015
- Edited 4/91, 8/93, 12/03, 5/11