Tutoring and Homework Help
Adams Elementary School has several programs that target specific support areas for students.
St. Ambrose Reading Academy
This program is part of the St. Ambrose teacher education program. Adams school is fortunate enough to partner with St. Ambrose education department. This provides an opportunity for college students to work with elementary students needing assistance in reading. It also benefits Adams students learn new strategies in reading. Students in first through fourth grades are selected by specific criteria to participate. Mrs. Reagan and Mrs. Sindt oversee this program which takes place on Tuesday and Thursday in Adams Library from 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. Parents sign a permission form for their child to participate. The Program begins Tuesday 2/13/18.
The US Department of Education has developed a number of publications featuring the latest research and most effective practices in subjects such as reading, math and homework. These publications are offered on-line and free of charge at their website. The research-based, yet easy-to-understand information in these publications can help families make good decisions about children’s learning.
Here are links you might find helpful:
- Davenport Public Library Online Homework Help
- www.ed.gov/parents/academic/help/reader/index.html– Helping Your Child Become a Reader
- www.ed.gov/parents/academic/help/homework/index.html – Helping Your Child with Homework
- www.ed.gov/parents/academic/help/succeed/index.html– Helping Your Child Succeed in School
- www.ed.gov/parents/academic/help/questions/index.html– Questions Parents Ask About Schools
- http://www.pta.org/ – The largest volunteer childhood advocacy organization in the US, with many resources for parents