Health Office: (563) 723-6100, ext. 105 – Mrs. Kristen Swisher (School Nurse) firstname.lastname@example.org
1/24/2020 – Important information from the Nurse (click on link).
Preventing the Flu (click on the link)
MEDICINE INFORMATION: Please remember that all medicines (prescriptions or over the counter) require signed documentation in the nurse’s office and must be stored in the nurse’s office. This is for the safety of our students. Prescriptions require the doctor and parent signatures, and must be in the original prescription container. Over the counter medications, such as cough syrup, cough drops, pain relievers, etc., require a parent signature and must be in the original, unopened container. If you have any questions or need a form, please contact school nurse Kristen Swisher at number above or email at email@example.com
Regarding head lice: We encourage parents to screen their children weekly. Please call the school to report if your child has lice.
DCSD head lice procedure:
- General school or classroom screening is not recommended.
- Parents/guardian should screen their children weekly.
- Students will be screened at the discretion of the trained health professional in the school if lice are suspected or as a result of a reported case.
- Families will be notified by school personnel of the presence of head lice the same day they are detected.
- With the presence of a single identified case in a classroom, the families of the student’s classmates will NOT be notified.
- If truancy results from lack of treatment for head lice the school will take appropriate action.