Career and Technical Education-CTE
What is Career and Technical Education?
- Career and Technical Education includes programs and pathways that are designed to introduce and prepare students for high-wage, high-skill, high-demand careers.
- The courses and pathways provide students with the academic and technical skills, knowledge, and training necessary to succeed in future careers, and are aligned to industry standards and needs within our community.
**Click the image to explore the benefits of CTE even more!**
Why does Career and Technical Education work for me?
- Be college and career ready! Work individually and in teams to develop the expertise, confidence, and skills for today’s top careers.
- Expand your options! Merge robust academic education and career-tech experience to gain a powerful competitive advantage in today’s new economy.
- Fund your future! Use career-tech experience to earn an above-average wage, pay for advanced training, and make money for college.
- Advance your abilities! Stand out from the crowd with a dynamic edge in your career field of choice.
What does Davenport offer?
Davenport Community Schools offers a wide variety of Career and Technical Education Programs in Business, Computer Science, Family and Consumer Sciences, Health Sciences, and Technology Education to create a competitive advantage for our students. Check out our CTE Booklet or the links below to get started!
- 18-19 CTE Booklet
- Business Programs
- Computer Science Programs
- Family and Consumer Science Programs
- Health Science Programs
- Technology Education Programs
8th grade students – apply now to be a part of a program that is right for you for the 19-20 school year!
- Fill out THIS FORM or download this application and return it to your school counselor! Priority Application Deadline is February 1, 2019! Seats are limited – don’t miss out!
Still have questions?
CTE Curriculum Specialist
Work-Based Learning Coordinator
Visit us on Facebook!