Career and Technical Education-CTE
Davenport Schools Career and Technical Education
Career Tech Program Student Application.
Pair robust academic knowledge with powerful technical and professional skills to build your competitive advantage. Would you like to figure out what you’re good at and what you like to do and then take related courses in high school? Of course you do! Apply to be a part of one of thirteen career tech programs with Davenport Schools!
A student who is the right fit for a career tech program is someone who….
- A current 8th grade student (2020 9th grader)
- Is interested in finding something you’d love to do everyday
- Wants to have fun and engaging experiences with real careers and professionals
- Would like to take classes with a purpose
- Strives to build strong academic knowledge and technical skills
- Wants to have a competitive advantage
CAREER TECH STUDENT APPLICATION: tinyurl.com/JoinCTE2021
For more information about our Career & Technical Education opportunities please click the following link: www.tinyurl.com/DavenportCTE
Share YOUR Career Journey!!!
Where did your career journey take you? In an 8th grade career class, students will be looking at the many varied ways people end up in certain careers and positions. Please complete the CAREER JOURNEY FORM to be a part of our database. Thank you!
What is Career and Technical Education?
- Career and Technical Education includes programs and pathways that are designed to introduce and prepare students for high-wage, high-skill, high-demand careers.
- The courses and pathways provide students with the academic and technical skills, knowledge, and training necessary to succeed in future careers, and are aligned to industry standards and needs within our community.
Why does Career and Technical Education work for me?
- Be college and career ready! Work individually and in teams to develop the expertise, confidence, and skills for today’s top careers.
- Expand your options! Merge robust academic education and career-tech experience to gain a powerful competitive advantage in today’s new economy.
- Fund your future! Use career-tech experience to earn an above-average wage, pay for advanced training, and make money for college.
- Advance your abilities! Stand out from the crowd with a dynamic edge in your career field of choice
What does Davenport offer?
Davenport Community Schools offers a wide variety of Career and Technical Education Programs in Business, Computer Science, Family and Consumer Sciences, Health Sciences, and Technology Education to create a competitive advantage for our students.
Check out the links below to get started!
- Business Programs
- Computer Science Programs
- Family and Consumer Science Programs
- Health Science Programs
- Technology Education Programs
Still have questions? Contact us!