Career and Technical Education-CTE
Share YOUR Career Journey!!!
Where did your career journey take you? In an 8th grade career class, students will be looking at the many varied ways people end up in certain careers and positions. Please complete the CAREER JOURNEY FORM to be a part of our database. Thank you!
What is Career and Technical Education?
- Career and Technical Education includes programs and pathways that are designed to introduce and prepare students for high-wage, high-skill, high-demand careers.
- The courses and pathways provide students with the academic and technical skills, knowledge, and training necessary to succeed in future careers, and are aligned to industry standards and needs within our community.
Why does Career and Technical Education work for me?
- Be college and career ready! Work individually and in teams to develop the expertise, confidence, and skills for today’s top careers.
- Expand your options! Merge robust academic education and career-tech experience to gain a powerful competitive advantage in today’s new economy.
- Fund your future! Use career-tech experience to earn an above-average wage, pay for advanced training, and make money for college.
- Advance your abilities! Stand out from the crowd with a dynamic edge in your career field of choice
What does Davenport offer?
Davenport Community Schools offers a wide variety of Career and Technical Education Programs in Business, Computer Science, Family and Consumer Sciences, Health Sciences, and Technology Education to create a competitive advantage for our students.
Check out the links below to get started!
- 18-19 CTE Booklet
- Business Programs
- Computer Science Programs
- Family and Consumer Science Programs
- Health Science Programs
- Technology Education Programs
- 2019-2020 Program Overview
Still have questions? Contact us!