Why Choose Davenport Schools?
As a District of Distinction, the Davenport Community Schools offer the following distinctive programs and opportunities to our students:
The Accelerated Associate Degree Program at North High School, where accepted students can earn an Associate Degree during their 4-year high school career (check out the student testimonial at the bottom of this page!)
The Student-Built Homes Program, where participating high school students experience hands-on learning as they build a home from start to finish
The ProStart program, a high school culinary arts program taught by an Iowa ProStart Teacher of the Year
Over 250 courses are offered in our high school course guide, including specialized offerings such as international foods, civil engineering, sports medicine, interior design, and invertebrate zoology.
The Creative Arts Academy of the Quad Cities offers a rigorous arts-integrated curriculum and intensive, project-based activities that prepare students for exciting career paths in the arts and develop the skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity. (check out the student testimonial at the bottom of this page!)
The urban farm at Mid City High School: Participating students use a variety of skills to operate an urban farm, from planning the layout of each year’s crops, to the “labor of love” of planting and caring for the farm, to turning the harvest into food.
The INSPIRE Academy at West High School features career academies that provide real-world learning experiences to prepare students for success in college and career, including a rigorous capstone experience that challenges teams to solve a real-world problem through technology (check out the student testimonial at the bottom of this page!). Students choose from the following five career pathways:
- Engineering: This pathway is home to the 2017 World Champion “Combustible Lemons,” FTC Robotics Team #5466.
- Advanced Manufacturing/Engineering Tech: students learn woodworking, welding, construction, engineering, robotics, and Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Health Sciences: Students have the opportunity to earn CNA certification (Certified Nursing Assistant), and this pathway soon expands to include Biomedical Technology and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Business/Finance: Students have the opportunity to work at the student-run Falcon DuTrac branch
- Computer Science: Students learn Cyber Security, Java programing, C# and C++ programming, Visual Basic, and Web Design and Development
15 advanced placement (AP) and 58 dual credit college courses are offered at our high schools.
The award-winning Stepping Stones afterschool program serves our elementary schools with high-quality afterschool enrichment programs, as well as top-notch summer programming.
A stellar World Languages curriculum features up to six years of German and up to seven years of French and Spanish, including instruction that introduces Latin and Greek
Award-winning Children’s Villages and progressive early childhood partnerships that provide voluntary preschool programs for all area 4 year olds