Mission and Vision
Education that challenges conventional thinking, prepares all students to compete in a global society, and inspires our students, parents, staff, and community to answer the question, “What if?”
To enhance each student’s abilities by providing a quality education enriched by our diverse community.
• We believe all children can and will learn in the Davenport Community School District.
• We believe each child deserves respect.
• We believe we must have high expectations for each child.
• We believe we must never limit children.
• We believe in the power of effective instruction.
• We believe effective instruction encourages students to be inquisitive and to explore and discover.
• We believe every child has the right to a safe environment.
• We believe a caring environment is important for student success because relationships impact learning.
• We believe extracurricular activities engage students in the educational environment.
• We believe effective schools nurture relationships and impact learning.
• We believe in the universal benefits of continuous quality improvement.