Experience Davenport Community Schools – A District of Distinction!
Davenport Community Schools has the resources of a large district with the small class sizes and hands-on approach of hometown schools.
With 29 schools serving the communities of Blue Grass, Buffalo, Davenport, and Walcott, our district is resource-rich, blending student and family support programs with a wide range of curricular offerings to create a customized learning environment for all students. We have high expectations, low class sizes, customized curriculum, and a caring learning environment.
Our approach to education encompasses the whole child, and services are available from preschool through post-secondary learning opportunities. We believe in education for all and meeting students where they are in order to teach each individual student. Through the use of differentiated instruction, students are assessed in areas of knowledge, readiness, language, preferences in learning, and interests in order to customize teaching. In 8th grade, students adopt a 5-year “career track” that guides them through their high school years and best prepares them for post-secondary education. Students who choose to enroll in a variety of dual credit courses can earn college credit at graduation.
Our extracurricular offerings are as diverse as the community. Davenport Community Schools has a rich history of award-winning fine arts programs as well as a strong athletic legacy with new state-of-the-art practice and competition facilities. Each school boasts a multitude of its own clubs that reflect the interest and make-up of the student body.
Education that challenges conventional thinking, prepares all students to compete in a global society, and inspires our students, parents, staff, and community to answer the question, “What if?”
To enhance each student’s abilities by providing a quality education enriched by our diverse community.
• We believe all children can and will learn in the Davenport Community School District.
• We believe each child deserves respect.
• We believe we must have high expectations for each child.
• We believe we must never limit children.
• We believe in the power of effective instruction.
• We believe effective instruction encourages students to be inquisitive and to explore and discover.
• We believe every child has the right to a safe environment.
• We believe a caring environment is important for student success because relationships impact learning.
• We believe extracurricular activities engage students in the educational environment.
• We believe effective schools nurture relationships and impact learning.
• We believe in the universal benefits of continuous quality improvement.