Internet access is critical to students and yet some in our community are without adequate access needed for this delivery model. The Davenport Community School District has taken steps to reduce this barrier for students and families and will continue to find ways to partner with community groups to assist our families in ensuring equity of access.
Your household may qualify for internet access assistance if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Live in Davenport, Blue Grass, Buffalo, Walcott, or within the school district
boundaries where Mediacom offers internet service
- Have at least one child who qualifies for free or reduced-price school lunch through
the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Are not currently receiving Internet services from any providers
- Have NOT subscribed to Mediacom internet service in the past 90 days
- Do not have an outstanding Mediacom bill or unreturned equipment
If families are in need of internet access, please contact the District Office at: DCSDConnect@DavenportSchools.org or call 563-336-7929. Please provide your name, your student’s name, your full address, and your phone number.
The District has also enhanced Internet access to portions of school parking lots at 15 schools spread across the District including the Achievement Service Center, Buchanan, Blue Grass, Eisenhower, Fillmore, Garfield, Hayes, Mid City, Monroe, North, Washington, West, Williams, Wilson, and Wood. These enhanced access points provide families with free internet access from Wi-Fi zones located in school parking lots between 6:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily. Those utilizing a Wi-Fi zone are able to do so from their vehicle in order to help maintain appropriate social distancing efforts.