The following timeline for discussion of school boundaries was approved by the Davenport Community Schools Board of Directors at the Board meeting on October 8, 2012. The Superintendent presented an outline of a concept for considering boundary changes and Board members provided guidance and feedback during open discussion.
The next steps in the process will be as follows:
- Superintendent submits recommendation which includes preliminary boundary map on November 13, 2012*
- Board discussion of recommendation at a Committee of the Whole meeting on December 3, 2012 *
- Board approves draft plan for public discussion at the regular Board meeting on December 10, 2012*
- Draft plan published and publicized in early January
- 8 Public Forums will be conducted in January/February
- Board Decision currently scheduled for March
- Public release of the plan will occur in March/April
*Indicates Committee of the Whole or Regular Board meetings, both are open to the public.